Purchase a travel coupon worth $1500 for only $1200 that includes a signed 7 x 10.5 print (a 20% savings plus a print value of $450) or a coupon worth $2500 for only $1900 that includes a signed 16 x 24 print, (a 25% savings and a print valued at $1450!)
Click your choice below and save. This offer valid only until June 1 of 2020. Choose now to save on the adventure you want! Purchase more than one coupon and save an additional 5%. All prices remain unchanged or lowered from 2019!
During this extremely difficult time for artists and workshop/tour leaders, we are challenged to find way to keep networks and livelihoods intact. One way you can help is to pre-purchase a travel coupon. There is no limit to the number of coupons you may purchase. After purchase, I will contact you to
reserve your spot for the trip or trips of your choice. With sincere appreciation, Keron and Maria
The destinations for 2021 include:
- Japanese Winter Landscapes on Hokkaido in late January with Keron Psillas and Charlie Waite, and native speaking guides, limited to six participants, $8700 per person, all double occupancy, 9 nights, travel by private car
- Finland for winter landscapes in mid February with Keron Psillas and Charlie Waite, limited to six participants, $6400 per person, double occupancy, single supplement available, 9 nights
- Isle of Skye and Glencoe in late April (with Charlie Waite, Robert Clark and Keron Psillas as tour leaders), limited to ten participants. $6700 per person, double occupancy, single supplement available, 10 nights
- Spring in Holland for the Keukenhof, modern art, World Press Photo opening and so much more! Limited to 4 participants. Only 2 spots left. $4950 per person single occupancy, 7 nights
- Portugal / Andalucia in Spring with Keron Psillas, Maria João Reis, and very special guest instructor, Elizabeth Opalenick, limited to 8 participants. $6750 / 7750 per person single occupancy, 9 nights / 12 nights
- Alumni gathering at my home in Portugal, limited to 5 participants in each of two sessions, Dates TBA in June and August. These will sell out quickly as it is a great value and exclusive opportunity with several guest instructors! With Keron Psillas, Maria João Reis, Paulo Roberto and others! $3750 per person double occupancy, 7 nights, optional 3 day add-on to Porto and the North!!
- South of France for White Horses, Purple Lavender, and a kaleidoscope of culture!Early July, limited to 6 participants. $7340 per person single occupancy, including FOUR shoots with the legendary white horses of the Camargue, 10 nights
- Portugal in May OR September, the classic tour of Lisbon and Sintra, the culturally vibrant Ribatejo region, and Porto and the North with history and gastronomy. This is the grand overview of the Best of Portugal. Limited to 10 participants. with Keron Psillas and Maria João Reis. $6450 per person single occupancy, 10 nights (NEW LOWER PRICE!)
- Morocco in October with Keron Psillas and Charlie Waite, a spectacular tour with a few tweaks to make it truly magical. $6950 per person single occupancy, limited to 8 participants, 10 nights (NEW LOWER PRICE with TWO MORE NIGHTS!)
- Special private travel opportunities in Poland, Lithuania, and Ukraine with Keron Psillas, Dr. Tomasz Cebulski, and very special guests including authors and survivors of the Holocaust. Limited to two guests per trip, $7300 per person single occupancy, 10 nights, Private trip (one guest) pricing available.
with Keron Psillas
April 15-22, 2021
Tour Rescheduled for next year due to Covid-19 travel restrictions.
This is a very special way to receive tremendous instruction each day. With the very limited group size, you will learn to be super comfortable and therefore CREATIVE with your macro photography techniques AND handling your tripod! We’ll work with backgrounds, camera movement, layering, double exposure, shooting through fabric….all creative fun stuff! At least twice during our stay we will have an image review and developing mini-workshop.
Based in the luxurious Vila Beukenhof in Leiden (which everyone loves!!!), a 500-year-0ld home/boutique hotel, our trip includes visits to tremendous art museums in Amsterdam, The Hague, and The Veluwe, as well as the exciting opening of World Press Photo, and of course hours and hours in the gardens! And perhaps we will take a trip down to Kinderdijk if I can pull you out of the gardens! A trip to Holland at tulip time would not be complete without a visit to the famous flower market so we’ll arrange an early morning visit for shooting this amazing scene. A spectacular breakfast each day is included, as is our welcome dinner and final night celebratory dinner. All travel in Holland is included. We will go by private car to and from the Garden (on at least three days, likely four!) and by private car to The Hague and Veluwe. We’ll go by train to Amsterdam.
Limited to FOUR participants, only 2 spots open:
Double Occupancy per person $3880
South of France
with Keron Psillas
June 28 – July 8, 2021
Dates changed to next year due to Covid-19 Travel Restrictions. Sign up soon, only a few spots left!
This is another tremendous opportunity for a small group experience!
South of France for Purple Lavender, Golden Sunflowers, and the Spectacular White Horses of the Camargue in the best spots possible! Oh, and ART at every turn including the renowned Carrieres des Lumieres!
June 28 – July 8, 10 nights, 11 days, beginning in Sts. Marie de la Mer, (fly into and out of Marseille), then several nights in Valensole for lavender and sunflowers in hidden spots, and finishing with three nights in St. Remy. Many surprises, the glory of the South of France, and a small group size. It doesn’t get better.
We’ll spend our days photographing early in the morning at sunrise and then late in the evening for the good light. We’ll have horses running free in the marshes, being ridden by Camarguaise in traditional dress, and horses and babies in the marshes as well. We will have FOUR DIFFERENT SHOOTS with the horses. Most other trips do one or two at the most! During the day when it is HOT (as it often is in the extreme South of France) we’ll enjoy the pool at our hotel or visit the neighboring towns of Aigues Mortes or Nimes or Arles. Charming lodging, special events, museums and GREAT FOOD round out the experience of this marvelous location. Keron is fluent in French, knows the area intimately, and has been traveling here since 2007. You could not be in better hands. Collaborating with local professionals and taking you to ‘insider’ spots makes the trip entirely unique. We’ll travel in comfort by private cars (two cars, three people in each plus Keron and her assistant).
Join us for a wonderful, personal trip. We will be enjoying the Camarguaise culture from an insider’s perspective! Charming and luxurious lodging, the sun of Provence, scents, sites, ART. Sublime. Only 4 spots remain.
limited to 6 participants, only 4 spots left!
10 nights, 10 days
Double occupancy, per person $6340
September 3-13, 2021 Dates changed due to Covid-19 Travel Restrictions
This is the trip that started it all…. the Portugal craze! I’m joking of course, but Portugal is no longer Europe’s best kept secret. But with me as your guide, you’ll experience this marvelous country on a deeply personal level. This is my home, my adopted country. I can’t wait to share it with you. We’ll visit the very best of Lisbon, Sintra, UNESCO sites, and then head north to Porto. Along the way you’ll have morning and evening opportunities for shooting in stunning locales, great food EVERY day, personal experiences with my friends and family…(and photographing some stunning Lusitano horses!). We’ll also visit seaside towns for fishing piers large and small, and a few surprises. You’ll see how much fun we have in the slideshow!
Group size limited to 6 participants
10 nights, 11 days
Single occupancy, $6950
Double occupancy, per person, $5950
West Coast of Ireland returning 2021
with Charlie Waite
and Keron Psillas
October 6-16 in 2021!
Full itinerary to come soon. Fly into and out of Dublin, (add an extra day or two on way in or out to enjoy the sites of Dublin!) but we will be concentrated on the West Coast of Ireland, including the Dingle Peninsula. We’ll have just three changes of lodging (so four hotels total….likely lovely B&B’s) and as little drive time as possible between sites. But we do want to get to lovely spots and we DO HAVE more single track road to cover. That’s the problem with remote and beautiful. It’s remote! We will be adding in musical evenings and hanging out in a few pubs….so there will be plenty of photography and lots of social fun and cultural experiences to boot! Castles, wild coastlines and crags, rolling fields, the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Kylemore Abbey, Dingle Bay, and maybe some Connemara ponies to ride on the beach??? We’ll have all this and more. Join us!
Limited to 10 participants, only 6 spots left now
8 nights, 9 days
Single occupancy, $6870
Double occupancy, per person, $5740
with Charlie Waite
and Keron Psillas
October 16-26, 2021 DATES CHANGED DUE TO COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
Our spectacular itinerary for Morocco includes:
Fez, Casablanca, Marrakech, the Atlas mountains and visits with Berber peoples, sunrise and sunset in the dunes of the desert, the medinas of Fez and Marrakech, the tanneries, the blue city of Chefchaouen, and……a few, just a few, horse-related activities! (tribal celebrations, etc.). A completely detailed itinerary, day by day, will be posted January 1. New destinations for the 2021 tour include El Jadidah and Essaouira!
The tour of October 2019 was a great success....but there is ALWAYS room for improvement. The 2021 tour will be three nights longer and we will fly from Fez to Merzouga and then from Merzouga to Marrakech….eliminating the two long bus transfers.
Please do not purchase international airfare until AFTER January 1, 2021.
Portugal add-on after Morocco, 28, 29, 30 and 31. (which will make your trip a two week trip all together).
Cost per person single, $975, double $770, includes hotel, breakfast each day and all transportation including visit to Sintra, Lisbon, a few favorite spots in the countryside including UNESCO sites! Entrances to UNESCO sites extra. Does not include lunches or dinners. But food in Portugal is reasonable and PLENTIFUL. We will be staying in a really lovely Equi-tourism site…..and we’ll have a great kitchen and large living area to enjoy together. All of my groups stay here now and they all LOVE it. So we can enjoy communal dining with salads and roast chicken or fish….. or we can eat out in my favorite local restaurants. Transportation back to airport included of course on the 31st. Or you can just stay for Golega! (the following 10 days!)
Single occupancy, $7270
Double occupancy, per person, $5940
Includes all internal transportation, lodging, breakfasts, local guides, entrances, festival, welcome and departure dinner.
with Keron Psillas
Dates to be determined through mutual agreement.
Travel with me to Poland and perhaps into Lithuania.
I’ll be working on Part 2 of Loss and Beauty. We’ll be photographing of course, but we’ll also have a tremendous local guide and world-renowned scholar to help us understand the full impact of not only World War 2, but the time between the World Wars and how it shaped Poland and the tensions that are once again rising in that area of the world. We’ll spend time talking about photo projects, deep conversations about meaningful landscape photography in the contemporary art world…and give ourselves over to writing and developing other projects. When creativity flows we need not restrain it to a geographical location! We will visit Auschwitz and Birkenau, shtetls north and east of Krakow, the factory in Krakow that was the location of Oskar Schindler’s business, and then journey northeast to Latvia and Lithuania if you are interested in the extended trip. Abandoned Synagogues, burial sites, and yes, massacre sites, will be part of our itinerary.
Limited to TWO travelers. Dates to be determined through mutual agreement, but the trip duration is 7 nights or 10 nights depending on trip chosen.
Time available in November, December of 2019 and January through April of 2020.
Single occupancy, $4970 7 night tour, 6970 for the ten night tour
Double occupancy, per person, $4300 7 night tour, $5450 for the ten night tour
All hotels, breakfasts, guide, internal transportation included. $1500 deposit, Balance due 90 days prior to trip.